This page provides basic steps on how and where to apply for aid available for attending Arkansas State University - Mountain Home (ASUMH).
- Apply for a Federal Student Aid PIN number for the student and parent, if dependent, at http://www.pin.ed.gov to be used when filing for Federal Financial Aid.
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) on-line at https://fafsa.ed.gov/ using the Federal Student Aid PIN for the student and parent, if dependent for the appropriate school year. Use the Federal School Code 001090 when filing the FAFSA to have the results sent to ASUMH.
- File the 2014-2015 FAFSA for Fall 2014, Spring 2015, and Summer 2014
- After filing the 2014-2015 FAFSA, complete and return the appropriate forms to the ASUMH Office of Scholarships and Financial Aid.
Fall 2014/Spring 2015/Summer 2015
- File the 2015-2016 FAFSA for Fall 2015, Spring 2016, and Summer 2016
- After filing the 2015-2016 FAFSA, complete and return the appropriate forms to the ASUMH Office of Scholarships and Financial Aid.
Fall 2015/Spring 2016/Summer 2016
- Summer 2015 Financial Aid Application (Available late Spring 2016)
- Watch the email address provided on the FAFSA and your ASUMH student email for additional information requests.
- Complete the ASUMH General Scholarship Application by May 15th each year for the next school year.
- Review and apply for individual scholarships. Information on many locally sponsored scholarships are available on the ASUMH Scholarships page at http://www.asumh.edu/financial_aid/scholarships.dot
- Arkansas residents should apply for State of Arkansas scholarships at http://scholarships.adhe.edu/ by June 1st each year.
- Many students who apply for Federal Financial Aid through the FAFSA are selected by the Central Processor to be verified. If you are selected, you will be required to provide additional verification documentation, such as an IRS Tax Return Transcripts for you and your parent(s), if dependent; or spouse, if married. Additional documentation will be requested on an as needed basis.
- When an award is received from the ASUMH Office of Scholarships and Financial Aid, thoroughly review it for further instructions. If you have been offered more loan funding than you desire, return a copy of the award with the desired loan amount indicated. The award will be mailed to your home address.
- If you are awarded a Direct Stafford Loan on your award letter, ensure the following items have been completed at https://studentloans.gov.
- Direct Loan Entrance Counseling
- Direct Loan Master Promissory Note
- Priority Consideration Date for completion of the FAFSA and all other required documents is June 1st each year for students who are beginning the fall semester, October 1 each year for those students entering the spring semester, and April 1 for those students requesting aid for summer sessions. The later a file has been completed, the longer the delay will be prior to a determination of aid eligibility. However, meeting the Priority Consideration Date should allow time to be awarded prior to the beginning of the semester.
- Students whose Financial Aid is in place prior to the beginning of a semester may be permitted to charge their fees against financial aid. All students should be prepared to pay a portion of their tuition and fees at the time of fee collection if their Financial Aid has not been awarded or the award will not cover the entire semesters charges.
- Complete and return the Direct Deposit Form to have any aid you may be expecting in excess the amount of institutional charges.
- Financial Aid disbursement will occur after enrollment is verified. Students who have excess monies after all tuition, fees, and book vouchers have been paid will be sent notification to your student email account.
- Download the Financial Aid and Scholarship Brochure for additional information about educational assistance at ASUMH.
- If you have additional questions, click here to find staff contact information and hours of operation.