Requirements for a Technical Certificate
For a technical certificate, each candidate must meet the following general requirements:
1. Complete the curriculum as listed under the description of the technical certificate.
2. Complete at least 25 percent of course work at ASUMH.
3. Submit an Intent to Graduate application by the date stated in the academic calendar to the Office of the Registrar before completing all degree requirements. (If the student is unable to graduate at the end of the semester for which application has been made, a new application must be filed during the semester in which the student expects to graduate.) An official record of concurrent, correspondence, or transfer work completed at another institution must be on file in the Office of the Registrar at least six weeks before the certificate is to be granted.
4. Have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.0. If a student does not have the required grade point average when the Intent to Graduate application is filed, the student may participate in the Commencement exercise, but will not officially graduate until a 2.0 GPA is obtained.
5. Complete graduation requirements under the provisions of an ASUMH catalog that is not more than five years old at the time of the student’s graduation. This does not apply to programs that have been deleted from the curriculum. In the case of program deletions, those students majoring in these areas will be notified as soon as possible of this action.
6. Students may participate in Commencement exercises with up to four credit hours remaining on their coursework. However, the degree or certificate will be not awarded until completion of all outstanding coursework.