The mission of ASU-Mountain Home is to L.E.A.D. through educational opportunities:
L. - Lifelong Learning
E. - Enhanced Quality of Life
A. - Academic Accessibility, and
D. - Diverse Experiences
ASUMH is a public, open access, two-year campus of the Arkansas State University System that offers associate degrees and technical certificate programs that consist of general education courses, technical program courses, and customized training to meet the needs of local business and industry entities. The service area is comprised of Baxter and Marion Counties in North Central Arkansas.
CREATING OPPORTUNITIES — CHANGING LIVES
ASUMH will provide expertise and resources to create opportunities and change lives.
Imbedded in the mission statement are the ASUMH Institutional Purposes:
• To provide a foundation for lifelong learning.
• To help students achieve personal and career goals to enhance their quality of life.
• To provide affordable and accessible educational opportunities.
• To create enlightened citizens through diverse experiences.
In order to implement its mission, ASUMH is committed to the following Academic Purposes:
1. Through a core curriculum of courses, students will acquire the basic foundation of lifelong learning.
2. Through an emphasis on writing within the curriculum, students will incorporate writing skills into all disciplines.
3. Through technology-enriched curricula, students will be required to employ technology skills within the disciplines.
4. Through the Associate of Arts degree, students will gain the general education competencies, which will enable them to transfer into and be academically prepared to succeed in baccalaureate degree programs at four-year universities.
5. Through the Associate of Applied Science degrees, students will gain the range of knowledge, specialized skills, and competencies necessary for successful entry into their respective fields.
6. Through technical certificates and certificates of proficiency, students will gain the specialized knowledge, skills, and competencies required for successful entry into the workforce.
7. Through college-preparatory courses in reading, writing, and mathematics, under-prepared students will have the opportunity to gain the skills and knowledge essential to achieve success at the collegiate level.
8. Through the Center for Workforce Education, business and industry students will be provided with customized training, knowledge, and technical skills.
9. Through the community education classes, citizens will gain the skills and knowledge they desire for personal enrichment and professional advancement.
10. Through academic support services, students will have assistance in achieving their educational goals.
11. Through the library, students will have access to resources and services.
12. Through financial aid programs, students will have access to information that may assist them with financing their education.
13. Through cultural programs and curricula, students and the local community will be encouraged to expand their awareness of diversity.
14. Through ongoing assessment and evaluation, the university will ensure that programs andservices grow and change with the needs of the students served.