Apply for Aid
Steps to Apply for Aid
2. Apply for a Federal Student Aid ID username and password for the student and parent, if dependent, at studentaid.gov.
3. Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) on-line at studentaid.gov using the Federal Student Aid ID (FSA ID) username and password for the student and parent, if dependent for the appropriate school year.
Click here to review an online video on how to create an FSA ID.
Click here to review an online video on how to fill out the FAFSA.
Use the Federal School Code 042544 when filing the FAFSA to have the results sent to ASUMH.
File the appropriate FAFSA.
2023-2024 FAFSA is for Fall 2023, Spring 2024, and Summer 2024
2024-2025 FAFSA is for Fall 2024, Spring 2025, and Summer 2025
4. After filing the FAFSA, there can be additional paperwork to complete for the ASUMH Office of Scholarships and Financial Aid.
Watch your school email address only for additional information requests.
Additional Documents may be required if you were chosen for verification. Many students who apply for Federal Financial Aid through the FAFSA are selected by the Central Processor to be verified. If you are selected, you will be required to provide additional verification documentation which will be requested on an as needed basis.
5. If applying for summer, in addition to the all the previous steps, you may also need to fill out the Summer Financial Aid Application
2024 Summer Financial Aid Application
6. Summer 2024 Financial Aid Application will be available in late spring 2024.
7. Freshman Arkansas residents attending college for the first time can qualify for the ASUMH Academic Distinction Scholarship simply by applying for admission to ASUMH.
8. Review and apply for individual scholarships. Information on many locally sponsored scholarships are available on the ASUMH Scholarships page.
When You Receive An Award Notification
When an award notification email is received from the ASUMH Office of Scholarships and Financial Aid it will only go to your ASUMH email account.
Follow the instructions to view your award via Banner Portal at https://asumh.edu/banner.
Accept, Decline, or Modify any loan offers via Banner Portal at https://asumh.edu/banner under the Award Offer tab. Modify means you want the loans but you do not want as much as you have been offered. The Unsubsidized Loan amounts should be reduced before the Subsidized Loan amounts.
If you accept any portion of a Direct Stafford Loan, ensure the following items have been completed at studentloans.gov under the Loans and Grants menu.