Apply for Aid
Steps to Apply for Aid
2. Apply for a Federal Student Aid ID username and password for the student and parent, if dependent, at fsaid.ed.gov.
3. Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) on-line at fafsa.gov using the Federal Student Aid ID (FSA ID) username and password for the student and parent, if dependent for the appropriate school year.
Click here to review an online video on how towww.asumh.edu/admission-registration/apply-now.html create an FSA ID.
Click here to review an online video on how to fill out the FAFSA.
Use the Federal School Code 042544 when filing the FAFSA to have the results sent to ASUMH.
File the appropriate FAFSA.
2018-2019 FAFSA is for Fall 2018, Spring 2019, and Summer 2019
2019-2020 FAFSA is for Fall 2019, Spring 2020, and Summer 2020
4. After filing the FAFSA, there will be additional paperwork to complete for the ASUMH Office of Scholarships and Financial Aid.
Watch the email address you provided on the FAFSA and your ASUMH student email for additional information requests.
All students should complete the Financial Aid Data Form once a year after the FAFSA is completed to update Title IV Authorizations.
Additional Documents may be required if you were chosen for verification. Many students who apply for Federal Financial Aid through the FAFSA are selected by the Central Processor to be verified. If you are selected, you will be required to provide additional verification documentation which will be requested on an as needed basis.
5. If applying for summer, in addition to the all the previous steps, you will also need to fill out the Summer Financial Aid Application
6. Summer 2020 Financial Aid Application will be available in late spring 2020. Complete the ASUMH Scholarship Application by March 15th each year for the next school year.
7. Freshman Arkansas residents attending college for the first time can apply for the ASUMH Academic Distinction Scholarship.
8. Review and apply for individual scholarships. Information on many locally sponsored scholarships are available on the ASUMH Scholarships page.
When You Receive An Award Letter
When an award is received from the ASUMH Office of Scholarships and Financial Aid it will be emailed to the address provided on the FAFSA.
Review the letter for further instructions.
If you have been offered more loan funding than you desire, return a copy of the award with the desired loan amount indicated.
If you are awarded a Direct Stafford Loan on your award letter, ensure the following items have been completed at studentloans.gov.
Direct Loan Entrance Counseling
Direct Loan Master Promissory Note