Apply for Aid
Steps to Apply for Aid
2. Apply for a Federal Student Aid ID username and password for the student and parent, if dependent, at studentaid.gov.
3. Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) on-line at studentaid.gov using the Federal Student Aid ID (FSA ID) username and password for the student and parent, if dependent for the appropriate school year.
Click here to review an online video on how to create an FSA ID.
Click here to review an online video on how to fill out the FAFSA.
Use the Federal School Code 042544 when filing the FAFSA to have the results sent to ASUMH.
File the appropriate FAFSA.
2021-2022 FAFSA is for Fall 2020, Spring 2021, and Summer 2021
2022-2023 FAFSA is for Fall 2021, Spring 2022, and Summer 2023
4. After filing the FAFSA, there can be additional paperwork to complete for the ASUMH Office of Scholarships and Financial Aid.
Watch the email address you provided on the FAFSA and your ASUMH student email for additional information requests.
Additional Documents may be required if you were chosen for verification. Many students who apply for Federal Financial Aid through the FAFSA are selected by the Central Processor to be verified. If you are selected, you will be required to provide additional verification documentation which will be requested on an as needed basis.
5. If applying for summer, in addition to the all the previous steps, you will also need to fill out the Summer Financial Aid Application
2020 Summer Financial Aid Application
6. Summer 2020 Financial Aid Application will be available in late spring 2020.
7. Freshman Arkansas residents attending college for the first time can qualify for the ASUMH Academic Distinction Scholarship simply by applying for admission to ASUMH.
8. Review and apply for individual scholarships. Information on many locally sponsored scholarships are available on the ASUMH Scholarships page.
When You Receive An Award Notification
When an award notification is received from the ASUMH Office of Scholarships and Financial Aid it will be emailed to all emails we have access to.
Follow the instructions to view your award via CampusConnect on the ASUMH portal.
If you have been offered more loan funding than you desire, provide a note with the desired loan amount indicated to the ASUMH Office of Scholarships and Financial Aid.
If you are awarded a Direct Stafford Loan on your award letter, ensure the following items have been completed at studentloans.gov.
Direct Loan Entrance Counseling
Direct Loan Master Promissory Note